We Work To Protect Victims Of Domestic Abuse

Abuse in the home does not have to be physical before you can take action to protect yourself or your family. You can take action against someone who has attempted or threatened to cause you harm, whether that person lives with you, is in a dating relationship with you, is related to you by blood or marriage, has a child with you or is engaged to you.

If you have been subjected to abuse by someone close to you, contact one of our Charlestown domestic violence attorneys by calling 617-380-7643 immediately. It is never too late to protect yourself and your family.

How We Can Help

Once you contact our offices in Charlestown, we will immediately begin preparing the paperwork for your 209A protective order to keep you and your family safe. Depending on your situation, there are a handful of protection orders in Massachusetts available to you:

  1. No-contact order: This order restricts your abuser from all contact and limits his or her proximity to you, your home and your workplace.
  2. No-abuse order: This order allows your abuser to contact you, but he or she is ordered not to abuse you.
  3. Vacate order: If your abuser currently lives in your household or works with you, he or she can be ordered to vacate the premises and leave your belongings untouched.
  4. Combination: Often it is possible to combine protection orders to provide necessary security for you and your family.

Restraining orders can be part of a larger safety plan for you and your children. Our lawyers are also able to help you with other legal family-related issues related to domestic violence, such as temporary custody of your children if necessary, or permanent sole custody, in order to protect their welfare.

We Are Ready To Assist You

Your first phone call should always be to the police to help secure your safety and the safety of your children. You should also immediately either contact an attorney or contact this office so that we may advise you regarding additional legal protections that may be immediately available to you.

Contact us online or call our offices and we will respond as soon as possible. We will give your case our full attention, and can travel to meet you in Cambridge or elsewhere in Middlesex County near where you live or work, if that is more convenient. As a small firm, you never have to worry about your file being passed on to a junior associate or getting lost in the shuffle. We are committed to providing economical service with exemplary results.