You Can Avoid Common Divorce Mistakes
With any luck, you will only experience the divorce process once. You will want to do it right, sidestepping any number of obstacles on the way. The decisions you make today will impact your tomorrows for many years to come.
At the Law Offices of Andrew S. Guisbond, the boutique divorce and family law firm for Middlesex County, our experienced attorneys are constantly on the lookout for any pitfalls that could trip you up while you transition to a post-divorce future. We’ve seen clients without legal counsel make too many costly mistakes — errors that led to more confusion, contentious disputes and divided families.
5 Tips For Success
As your lawyer for your uncontested, contested or high asset divorce, Andrew S. Guisbond is the steady hand at the helm of your legal strategy. Here are just a few thoughtful recommendations on how to keep your part of the process running smoothly:
- Take the high road. Try to establish and maintain a tone of cooperation with your ex-spouse that minimizes negative feelings.
- Don’t let rising emotions influence you into making financially harmful decisions, such as clinging to marital property you can’t really afford on one income.
- Put the best interests of your children above your own. They are likely to care deeply about their other parent, even if you no longer do.
- Don’t use child access (parenting time) vindictively, as a weapon. Remember that quality time with both parents is an important part of your child’s healthy development.
- Speak as one voice, with your attorney, on any matter in dispute. Take advantage of your attorney’s years of experience and insight.
You want to be able to say, after everything is said and done, that you did what you could to help end your marriage with the dignity it deserves. Everything we do for you is done with the goal of promoting your peace of mind. We work hard to earn your trust, and we welcome the opportunity to help you put your life back together after this trying time.
For Creative Guidance And Customized Solutions, Contact Us
At the Law Offices of Andrew S. Guisbond, we work hard to keep divorce and other major family law issues from feeling overwhelming for you. Call our Charlestown law office today at or reach us by email.