Changes May Necessitate Modifying An Existing Order
One constant in life is change. When it comes to issues that affect family law judgments and court orders, changes in circumstances can cause different kinds of difficulties for the people involved.
If you or an ex-spouse has experienced a material change of circumstance — generally this means a significant change in income, expenses, living arrangements or your children’s needs — our Boston firm, also serving Middlesex County, can help you file a case for modification. We understand that everyone wants to be treated fairly regarding these matters.
We Help Clients Pursue A Modification Or Defend Against One
At the Law Offices of Andrew S. Guisbond, our attorneys are highly experienced in navigating legal family matters regarding modification of family court orders and judgments. We can help you pursue or contest a modification related to:
- Financial support for children, which normally covers general household and other expenses for children
- Physical and legal custody of children, which can take various forms and which can be subject to change as kids get older
- Spousal support, which can be ordered on a temporary or permanent basis
- A reduction in income
- A former spouse who wishes to relocate – or your wish to relocate – due to a relationship, a job or family matters
- Determination of paternity
- Child support you believe is inadequate or excessive
Our attorneys will review your judgment or order, free of charge, to see if you are eligible for modification and give you our initial impression. We have decades of experience in family courts in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
Get Your Case Assessed
Seeking modification of orders in Cambridge, Massachusetts, or elsewhere in Greater Boston or Middlesex County? Schedule a case consultation at our office or near your home or workplace to discuss your situation. Simply call 617-380-7643 today.